This page will be updated as more information and services become available.
Due to the Woolsey Fire, the Payson Library and the Malibu and Calabasas campuses will be closed until November 26th. Remote delivery of Malibu and Calabasas campus classes will take place from Wednesday, November 14 through the resumption of classes after Thanksgiving. The University maintains an Emergency Information website as well as an FAQ for students and a list of resources for faculty.
LIBRARY SERVICE UPDATES
- Payson Library, Drescher Campus Library, Law Library, and Calabasas Campus Library will remain closed until November 26th.
- The following graduate campus libraries will resume normal business hours beginning on Monday, November 12th:
- Access to all digital resources (including databases, e-books, digital library content, and InfoGuides) will be available as usual, assuming network connectivity remains stable.
- Information literacy classes, which normally take place in Payson, will be rescheduled for later in the semester. Contact your subject liaison librarian for more details.
In addition, the following services will be available:
(1) Chat or Email with a Librarian: Extended research and reference support will be available online during the campus closures. Normal hours will be 8 AM – 10 PM M-F; 10 AM-5 PM Saturdays; 12 PM- 5 PM Sundays.
Full Chat and Email Support Hours (Including Thanksgiving Hours)
Monday, 11/12 – Friday, 11/16: 8 AM – 10 PM
Saturday, 11/17: 10 AM – 5 PM
Sunday, 11/18: 12 PM – 5 PM
Monday, 11/19-Tuesday, 11/20: 8 AM – 10 PM
Wednesday, 11/21: 8 AM – 6 PM
Thursday, 11/22-Saturday 11/24: Closed for Thanksgiving
Sunday, 11/25: 12 PM- 5 PM
Monday, 11/26: Regular hours resume
(2) Interlibrary Loan: ILL requests will continue to be processed as usual, but delivery of items to/from Malibu and Calabasas will be delayed until postal services to and from campus are resumed. However, ILL items can be picked up at our Irvine, West L.A. or Encino campus libraries. If you have received an overdue notice for your Interlibrary item, please hold on to your items until the library reopens. You can also return your Interlibrary item to the Pepperdine West LA, Irvine, and Encino Libraries. If you did not pick up your book, let us know and we will return it as soon as we are allowed back in Payson Library.
(3) Holds: Physical items that are currently on hold in Payson will not be available until the library reopens on November 26th. Please contact your subject liaison librarian for help locating and acquiring hold requests by alternate means.
(4) Study rooms: Students from the Malibu campus are welcome to reserve study rooms at Encino, West L.A. and Irvine pending availability. Study rooms can be reserved online. For reservations, authentication is required.
(5) Computer use: Desktop computers are also available for use at the Encino, West L.A. and Irvine Graduate Campus Libraries pending availability, and laptop computers may be available for checkout.
(6) Other library spaces: The following universities have graciously extended use of their library to the Pepperdine community:
- UCLA Libraries (Westwood, Los Angeles, CA 90095): Pepperdine students and faculty are welcome to study in any of the 12 UCLA Libraries.
- Biola University (13800 Biola Ave, La Mirada, CA 90638): Any current Pepperdine student who shows their student ID at the Biola Library entrance will be able to enter to use the library facilities.
- Wilson Library at the University of La Verne (2040 3rd St, La Verne, CA 91750): Pepperdine students who present their ID will be given a guest wifi login and allowed to use library facilities.
We are also exploring additional possibilities for library access in the area, which will be added to this page as they are confirmed. If you have any specific needs in this regard, please contact Alice Tsay, Director for Library Programming and Public Affairs. We are happy to reach out to area libraries on behalf of faculty and students.
For the latest updates from the Pepperdine Libraries, follow us on Instagram (@pepperdine_libraries), Twitter (@PeppLibraries), or Facebook. Support the work of the Pepperdine Libraries by joining the Friends of the Libraries or making a gift today.