The database Factiva has the full-text of Wall Street Journal articles from 1979 to the present.
If you wish to browse current articles, do the following:
When you log into Factiva you are taken to the Newsstand Page that has headlines from newspapers and magazines
- The Wall Street Journal defaults to the front page headlines for the latest issue
- Use the pull-down menus to select other sections of the paper or select issues from the previous two weeks
To locate older Wall Street Journal Articles:
- Click Search at the top of the screen and select Search Builder
- Type keywords for either your topic or the title of the article into the Free text box. Words typed next to each other are searched as a phrase. If words don’t appear next to one another, separate them with the “and” command (don’t use quotes in your search)
- Select the date option that you need with the pull-down menu. The default is the previous 3 months. Select Enter date range to limit your search to an article written on a specific day or another narrow time range.
- Scroll down and click the link for Source
- Type wall street journal into the Find a Source box and click the go arrow
- Click the The Wall Street Journal to highlight the term
- Click Run Search