LibQUAL+ is a survey from the Association of Research Libraries (ARL) that measures how well libraries meet the needs of their users. More than 1,000 academic libraries have conducted LibQUAL+ surveys.
2. When will the survey take place?
The survey will run Monday, October 25th through Monday, November 15th.
3. Will there be any prizes?
There will be a $250 airline gift card and other smaller prizes. Users must provide email addresses to be eligible for the drawing.
4. Is the survey anonymous?
Yes, the survey is anonymous. Participant email addresses are not linked to their responses to the survey.
5. How will users take the survey?
They will receive an email with a link to the survey.
6. Who can take the survey?
Students, faculty, and staff from every college except the School of Law are eligible to take the survey. Alumni and unaffiliated users cannot take the survey.
7. How will we advertise the survey?
Students, faculty, and staff will receive emails inviting them to take the survey. We will also advertise the survey with posters, screensavers on library computers, UC View, Facebook, and the Spotlight section of the Library’s web site.
8. How long does it take to complete the survey?
Most users will complete the survey in about 13 minutes.
9. This survey is confusing! What do the categories of minimum, desired and perceived mean?
- Minimum refers to the lowest level of service that you would find acceptable
- Desired represents level of service that you personally want
- Perceived is the level of service that you believe our library currently provides
- You select numbers for these categories with 1 being the lowest and 9 being the highest. You can also select Not Applicable (N/A).
You can direct LibQUAL+ questions to Marc Vinyard, Melinda Raine, Mary Ann Naumann, or Lizette Gabriel. You can also send questions to an email address that we have set-up for the survey: firstname.lastname@example.org.